Monday, September 24, 2012

Book # 46 - Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar
William Shakespeare

When my son was having difficulty with the burden of homework, my husband and I reassured him that Mommy and Daddy were there for him.

"How could I help?"

I was totally unprepared for the answer, "Could you start reading Julius Caesar?"

So, one hot summer day, when I was supposed to be training for the 3-Day Walk for the Cure, I sought the refuge of the air-conditioned library to find tools to tackle this task.

With the help of Cliff's Notes, Shakespeare for Dummies and some simplified children's books, I read Julius Caesar!  Another great tool was No Fear Shakespeare, an online comparison of Shakespeare's English and modern English.  I was very happy to be able to help my son with his essay.   Finally, it wasn't Greek to me.

Happy to say, I caught the Shakespeare bug, and went on to borrow books on tape.  So much easier listening to the play than reading the verse.



No comments:

Post a Comment