Monday, February 27, 2012

Movie # 1 - Iron Lady, watched 1/13/2012

It was my husband and my anniversary, and we make sure that we have a dinner and movie date (my one guaranteed movie date night per year). So sad, but given the prices of movie tickets, we'd rather rent movies when they come out on DVD. I love Meryl Streep, have followed her career most of my life. I loved her as Julia Child in Julie & Julia and as the Mother Superior in Doubt. What a contrast of characters!

I've always admired strong women, regardless of their politics. I own two books about Margaret Thatcher - The Downing Street Years and The Path to Power, so it was natural for me to want to see this movie.

Two thumbs up! I could not believe the amazing transformation. Was truly glad last night that Meryl Streep won the Oscar for Best Actress!

No comments:

Post a Comment